Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Tiniest Details


Psalm 121:5  "The LORD himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade."

We have been home 6 days. Levi is finally starting to act like his normal self. We had a few worrisome days, not because of anything physical, just his personality was so altered.  We were told it was mainly due to withdraw symptoms. They also said it would take 7 days to overcome. They were correct! I am happy to say Levi is back to his normal happy self today! I am also happy to report Levi runs and goes up stairs without sounding like Darth Vader! In fact, there is no sound at all!! So good to hear him breathing with ease.
I have to share, God is amazing.  I know He cares and is always with us. Watching over us, protecting us. But sometimes little things come to light and you just stand in awe at how much He really does care. At how much He takes care of the tiniest details.  You are all probably saying, "Okay, so what did He do?" Well, the day of surgery we were all at peace. Even Levi had a smile on his face right up to being taken back to surgery. Well, except when a doctor or nurse came in....then he kind of zoned out like "maybe if I don't talk or look at them they won't know I'm here." lol.   Anyway, our wonderful children's pastor and his wife came up and prayed with Levi before he went back to surgery. Then our preschool pastor came and sat with Mark and I the whole time of the surgery.  We also knew hundreds of people were praying for Levi. We felt comforted. We felt at peace. We knew God was in control and going to work all things for good so Levi could breath easier.  What we didn't know, was God wanted more. God wanted one of His workers right in there with Levi. Praying over him and keeping watch.  Let me explain.  

 Last night we went to church. We have attended this church for almost two years.  It's a bigger church and while we know almost all the kids we do not know all the parents.  While walking down the hall to take Levi to the bathroom, a lady stopped me and said, "Hey, that's Levi! I had him in surgery a couple of weeks ago! I'm a surgical nurse."  Turns out this lady attends our church! I had her son in Caravan last year. She is also my daughter’s school nurse. But, she also works at Children's Hospital.  Just so happens, this sweet lady from our church was in with our son during surgery. Praying for him as well, knowing he was on our prayer chain. God not only answered our prayers for a safe successful surgery, but He made sure a sister in Christ was with Levi the whole time! Isn't that amazing? I didn't even know. Wouldn't of known had she not said something.  She usually works urology, so it's rare she was down there for a trachea repair.  She said she would watch for him June 26th for his heart surgery.  Again, doesn't usually help with cardiac cases but she said she could most certainly be there to walk him back if need be.  So far, the doctors have been great about letting us stay with Levi in the surgical unit until he is all the way asleep, but you never know. 
I love that my God is a God that watches over us. He is concerned with every tiny detail.  He doesn’t miss one thing.   He does not just want to observe our lives, He wants to be actively involved.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Levi's back to being himself, and I love, love, love the story about the nurse who was in surgery with him. I love that our God cares about all the details, big and small, in our lives. ~ Jackie

    ReplyDelete