Monday, April 15, 2013

Sunday and a Day Late

Sorry I did not post an update yesterday! I was actually able to sneak out of Levi's room around 11am and spend time at RMH with Samuel and Meg.  I even got a shower, some lunch, and an afternoon nap with Samuel.  I returned at 5pm to a little guy who was just waking up so timing was great.  Mark stayed this whole time with Levi and was sad he didnt wake up for him, though.  I think he has a mommy radar and knows when I return! They changed his Meds Sunday morning and they are working much better! He sleeps peacefully for 5-6 hours before waking up and is not requiring any extra doses in between.

When I walked in his room those eyes flew open and his arms raised up to be held.  How I hate telling him "Mommy can't hold you, yet."  he took his little finger and pointed adamantly to the bed...meaning jump in bed with me if you can't hold me!!  I had told him daily the week before surgery that I would not be able to hold him but could lay with him. He obviously remembered!! However, this time around he is in a small crib and mama doesn't fit.  And even if I did fit the are too many tubes and lines going into him. There is just no way right now.  But I told him 2 more days and I will be holding him and sleeping with him!!!  He held up his 2 little fingers and nodded.  He amazes me at how much he understands everything.

 At 8pm, Dr. Willet came by and removed his rubber and drain.  That is one cool way to use a drain.  That band slipped right out so easily and caused zero pain. Levi didn't even flinch! The nurses are all loving him and think he is just the cutest little guy.  He waves to one of his nurses and and she said "oh, are you waving hi?". Levi shook his head no, and waved again.  She said, "are you waving bye? Do you want me to leave?" Levi  looked right at her and nodded, "YES!"  Fortunatly, she laughed and thought it was cute. ;)  

1 comment:

  1. He is SO SMART!!! I love learning more about your sweet boy!! What is the rubber and drain? PRAYING today goes well :)

    ReplyDelete