Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 11: Last Day in Guangzhou

11/6/12:Today is our last full day in Guangzhou. In some ways I will be sad to leave but am also very ready to get home and get back into our routine. Thanks to all who have been praying for Samuel and Ethan. Samuel spiked a fever last night but seems a bit better today. This morning we had to be up bright and early to go to our consulate appointment. All went well and Levi will receive his visa tomorrow afternoon. This afternoon we went to the Shamian Island to do some shopping and eat supper. The Island is beautiful! It use to be all adoptions were completed on this Island. I wish it were still that way. It would have been fun to spend the week there. One shop we went into had Bibles and Bible verse plaques. I told the lady I liked them. She asked if I was a Christian and I said yes. She was, too!! Both she and her husband. She lives on the Island and attends church there. I am sure, like evrything else, the church is government approved, but still. When I left she gave me a jade cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment